Thank you for your interest. I'm not currently accepting new tattoo clients as I'm completing existing projects as well as adding more mastectomy pieces.
I pack my days, so I tend to not respond to individual emails.
However, if you're interested in a mastectomy tattoo, please visit this page for contact information.
Although! Every now and then, I post images that I want to tattoo on my days off. These are usually posted around the end of a month via my Instagram. (instagram.com/davidallen)
Moving the Needle on Recovery From Breast Cancer - The Healing Role of Postmastectomy Tattoos - JAMA
For press inquiries, please use this form. (thank you)
Project OM x David Allen
I've partnered with Manduka to create a collection of yoga mats and towels. 100% of the sales from these limited items will be donated to @susangkomen to help fight breast cancer. -
Project:OM - is a yoga class of one million to battle breast cancer, read more about it from the link in my profile.
- Artist's mastectomy tattoos reveal the beauty of survival - Chicago Tribune
- How Tattoos Are Transforming Mastectomy Scars - US News & World Report
- Tattooists Help Breast Cancer Survivors - Newsweek
- 'Reclaiming Their Beauty' - NPR, WBUR
- How one tattoo artist helps breast cancer survivors feel beautiful again - The Verge
- Tattoo artist help women beautifully cover their mastectomy scars - Mashable
- Tattoo artist conceals scars of breast cancer survivors - My Modern Met
- Tattoo artist covers breast cancer scars with tattoos - Bustle
- Mastectomy Tattoos: An artist changes the lives of breast cancer survivors
- Speaker intro video for Story Conference - Video on Vimeo
- Life + Limb - Podcast with Chuck Anderson
Speaking / Panels
- Paris Breast Rendezvous - Moving the Needle on Recovery
- Allina Health - Breast Health, A Team Approach
- Airbnb Corporate (San Francisco) - Invisible Marks
- Airbnb Design Dinner - "On Permanence" - Creative Space Chicago
- DPLA Fest - Panel with Alaka Wali, Chris Brown and Jamie Hollier
- Hyde Park Art Center - Lecture
- Drexel University - "Communicating with Empathy"
- Notre - Notre Talk 02
- FITC - Chicago - Walking the Tightrope: Client Needs and Artistic Integrity
- FITC - Toronto - When Clients Bare All
- Story Gathering - Chicago
- State Farm Insurance